Friday, July 18, 2008

Africa Files- Part 6-The Actual Climbing

Zack and I have really started to get into good groove and the great weather has allowed for the climbing on all the days we feel it. I have been feelin' great and climbing at least a V8 or harder everyday. Zaych has been climbing his best and now sent a 'A Question of Balance V8', which I sent as well and we both decided that this may be the greatest problem yet. After a rest day we went to the famous Roadside boulders and had on of the best and most tiring days ever. I started by onsighting a classic highball 'Creaking Hights V5' and then quickly dispatched with 'A Question of Balance V8' and 'Sunset Arete V9' with were both absolutely excellent and a real dream come true. We took our mandatory PB&J break and ran around to see all of the beautiful boulders. I decided to try one more problem and warmed back up. Within a few minutes I did another great V8 which just capped off a beautiful day.
The next day(yesturday) Zaych and myself got picked up by the great and welcoming Amy & Jon and went back to the Roadside for the morning. Feelin' really tired and low on skin the V6's took a couple of goes. I eventually got warm and started to work on a great dynamic problem 'A Pinch of Herbs V10ish'. I got really really close for the quick ascent but will just have to enjoy this line another day. Psyched. We then walked up to the Roadcrew boulders where Amy and Jon had some people to meet. Feelin' super low on skin and energy I had to chill for a few minutes but then could not help but get psyched on this line of a problem called 'Rooi Klavier V9'. It took some real deep efforts and a few breaks but I was able to send it and in real good form. I talked to Andy Mann over at 'Amandala V15' and it sounds like him and his crew have been having a blast. Got to experience Paul Robinson sending this amazing line in good one day style, amazing. Daniel Woods seemed really close and I am sure will get it as well.
I have a better internet connection and will try to post some media. But having the time of my life and I send my best to all you greats out there. SO SO PSYCHED...

No comments: