Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Tightening bolts with the bros

Things have been radically different since my last post. The total diversity in experiences and realities that can be experienced from day to day is one of the great beauties of this world. That being said I have been twisting on bolts in the construction efforts of OR trade show booths until the late hours instead of touch and climbing real rock.
Once the booths were finished it was 4 days of seeing great friends and having meetings and spreading/sharing the psyche with people of the sport and overall outdoor industry.
Throughout the week I would duck out of the show to at least catch brief sessions in the local home gyms of the SLC area. On a side note it has been well over a week since I have had to start my car and biking everywhere has been a great minimization of my foot print, very psyched about this.
I seemed to not be able to get to sleep before 2a.m. throughout the show due to long conversations, basement sessions, and overall catch up with the bros. As friday(last day of OR) rolled around the exhaustion and relief could be read on everybody's face, but lucky Ander had the opportunity to work some more and break down some of these elaborate booths. I am very psyched because this short but extremely concentrated burst of work will fund my vagabond efforts for the duration of the summer, YES!!
I am now crashing with my good friends Rocco & Mary and tomorrow head out to check out the famed Taco Cave and other great boulders at the Castle Rock in Idaho. I am very psyched to see a new area and have already packed my camera so get ready for photos in my next update. Chau...
AR

No comments: