Thursday, July 2, 2009

Learnin' to Crawl. Episode I

I have been in Rifle, CO for a little over two weeks now. I am on a quest to become a full blown Sports climber and put the bouldering on the shelf for a little while at least. The learning curve is steep which is exciting but there is much to learn and I am in a constant state of a beginner's mindset as to how this route game works.
I unfortunately had a major set back after the first week when I incurred the full wrath of food poising which sidelinned me to the back of my truck for a full week with a few exhausting days of easier pitches to stave off insanity.
But I am back on the straight and narrow(or very close) as my stomach is no longer trying to rip itself out of my body. I sent a 12.d second try yesterday and flashed 12.b and both without vomiting myself. Psyched. I am starting to feel progression and all I can do now is just keep keepin' at it, and let my knees do the climbing.
AR

No comments: