Friday, June 13, 2008

Graduation!! & other beautiful things (aka Granite)

Hayden Miller on Answer Man (V6)

Me on The Terrible (V7) Photo: Hayden Miller

I just graduated from college and I am psyched about it. A wild ride, definitely a great session and one more stage along this trip. After words I really wanted to spend some time in my favorite places in Colorado before leaving and resuming a vagabond existence. So I took my mom and friends up to Mt. Evans, despite the post-holing we made it in for several days of FA's and repeating some of those classic problems in that amazing glacial cirque.
I am now kickin' it with my homie Hayden(H-Mill) in Washington and getting to experience even more amazing granite(i.e. Leavenworth). I have been climbing really well and feeling good and connected with the rock despite the giant wounds in my mouth from a complicated Wisdom Teeth removal. Seriously Leavenworth is amazing and certain boulders have blown my mind and I am super psyched to climb these things. PSYCHED!!

3 comments:

sock hands said...

WTF UPDATE THIS SHIT UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE I WAS GONE FOR LIKE A NUMBER OF DAYS AND I EXPECTED TONS AND TONS OF POSTS UPON MY RETURN AND ONLY ONE???? MORE!!!!

chuffer said...

please expand on your FA sends in the Evans Area. I've sorta been keepin' track o things at some of the areas and would be interested to hear about your crew's exploits.

Looking forward to more photos and stories for sure!!!

Congrats and happy travels.

anderrock said...

We just scrubbed up some fun moderates above the Mirror Mask where the Talus meets the grass. I tried hollow deception and bobbled the flash then did it from a move in. Then tried it again from the beginning did the move and 'WHAM' the start hold was on my pants. I climbed it then from a crouched start and it climbs more as an arete with really long reaches. So if that a first, I dont know but it is still a fun rockclimb. The stuff that we scrubbed was just V4's and stuff. Just some good fun.