Sunday, June 29, 2008

The Washington Wrap-Up

My time in Washington is coming to an end. It has been great and not at all what I was planning or expecting. I would like to send the biggest of thank you's to all that have made this a rad little adventure. The hospitality of the Zimmerman's, Bret, and the Miller's made it all possible for sure. Also thank you to the new friends acquired on the road, Mr. Joe(whom climbs and saves the trees!!), Dale & Amy of Leavenworth(CC Grads) and all the rest. Less than 48hours I am bound for AFRICA!! SO Psyched.
My time in Leavenworth ended up being extremely hot and I found it hard to take any rest. I did some more rad problems and work some of the best lines out there. Bret came and picked me up on Sat and of course it was hot(100Degrees), the whopping triple digits. Needless this made it hard too finish off a few double digits problems. I gave 'The Coffee Cup V10' a few more whirls in the heat and made a bunch of progress, I though it might go but the ouzzzzze from my tips prevailed. Bret found the same symptoms on a rad extension of dangle V10ish as well. So we bailed to Index to try 'Hagakure V12ish'. After some great burns on that we bailed once again to the river boulders. We had a blast cooling off in the river and climbing a bunch of V-moderates over the water. Then we scrubbed down a boulder for what would surely be the first ascents of the season. We did this really cool problem 'Whore Hole V8ish' named for one of the vicious holds you must sink your meet hooks on. 
Today Bret and I headed back out to Index. It was even hotter than Sat. We both went to hang with the Five Ten guys and try and climb as much as we could. We climb the river boulders circuit again and again and watched some rafters get flipped in the white-water. Tomorrow it is back to CA and to prep for South Africa.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Envy a bit much!!!!1 Have fun in SA A-Rock, sounds liek the Zaventure has just begun.
Byron Out

sock hands said...

JEALOUS RAGE

JunkElectron said...

sandbaggin' SOB. Ander say whatup! Miss ya broseph.
BrianAnderson