Friday, August 29, 2008

Africa Files- Part 15-The Return

So at the beginning of the week I returned back to this home I have carved out in the Cederberg mountains. It was great to see the friendly faces of climbers and such that I have really bonded with already.
It has been an interesting mix of gratefulness and disheartening, because I am able to rock-climb again but my body took quite the knock with this whole ordeal and the reality is my physical state shows this. Like I said not a bummer but just an interesting dichotomy. That being said I have made it to the top of some things. I did 'Dirty Lies V8' in a few minutes after falling on the top out during the flash. I worked 'Nutsa V12', it sounds really hard but with the quikness that I did 'Sunset Arete V9' it is surprisingly close feeling. At the end of the day I feel ripped up and soar though which is quite the new feeling. Hopefully this is all for the best and I have some more great rock-scaling ahead of me.
I have done some internet sleuthing in my down time and must say that it is good hear about all the psyche and good climbing happening in CO and hope that it continues. I will also put in some great shots that my friend Matt took of my first day back so stay tuned and most importantly stay psyched. AR

No comments: