Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Africa Files-Part13.5-The Epic(cont'd)

Now that the sponge bath was finished it was time to return to my nice old rusty bed. I spent the rest of the day watching my arm to see if the streaks that were heading up my bicep were indeed to stop with the anti-bodies now in my system or to continue to a much more serious state. Eventually the nurse came in a turned on a TV and low and behold possibly the greatest movie of time was playing, Beverley Hills Ninja. So there I lay as an African English Patient and watch Chris Farley, what a life.
Next thing I know I am being woken with great speed as though something is the matter but I soon found that they just don't believe in bed rest and they felt compelled to wake me up pumping a higher dose of anti-bodies into my arm which are very cold compared to the bodies temperature of 98.6DegreesF. The new fluid to my body burns through your vein structure. The sun rose and the day began to pass but the nurses had not come back in to washthe wound as they said and I just took matters into my own hands, literally. I cleaned the wound and then resumed my horizontal life on the bed.
In the late afternoon my friends Greg and Magda came in to the room to check on me and upon my explaination of the stay thus far we all concluded that I should bounce to Cape Town with them. Magda throwing down the local Africaans tongue like a champ and Greg setting up a crash pad bed in the back of his truck I made my exit. Three hours in the back of there truck(bucky) and we were in Sumerset West a town outside of CPT. In the morning Greg drove me a house in the south of CPT were I now reside with my friends and great people Carol and Stuart. After all of this I am quite ready for a break from the mountains and am in need of gettingthis infection squashed. So for now it is avocado sandwhiches in the beautiful botanical back yard Carol and Stu, a welcomed break. AR

3 comments:

Tom said...

had to one-up zack eh? way to stay alive gangsta. can't help but request more pics of rock/arm carnage...

I'm getting settled on the east coast now. stoo-bone, corina, and I went to rumney last weekend for some good pebble crushing where I finally broke into a new v6th grade of problem...followed promptly by a reinjury of a pesky flexor tendon! then we checked out the hot pawtuckaway where stoo is currently camping illegally amongst many many boulders. plenty of rocks out here to keep busy on and am psyched!

heal to the baddest and be well bro

TOJO RISEN said...

holly shit Ander!!!! Hope that heals up quick so you can get back where you need to be...........ON THE ROCKS!!!!!!

sock hands said...

this shiz is so insane